About RH Fleet Science Center…
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center doesn’t need much of an introduction for folks who live in San Diego County. When we visit beautiful Balboa Park to take in some greenery and culture, a stop at the Fleet is usually on the agenda, whether we drop by the Science Center for some fun, or take in a IMAX movie in their world-renowned, and newly renovated, Giant Dome Theatre.
For those who are not fully aware of all that the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center has to offer, here are some reasons why you will want to visit soon:
- San Diego’s only Giant Dome Theater showing incredible IMAX films and digital shows
- Eight exhibit galleries with more than 100 interactive exhibits
- The Tinkering Studio, where you can experiment, invent and create
- Kid City, an exhibition just for kids ages five and under
- Lectures, classes, workshops and more
- Plus Galileo’s Café and the North Star Science Store
For this year’s SCAE, the RH Fleet will send two of their brightest stars to interact with the attendees. Dr. Lisa Will is the Fleet resident astronomer and a professor at SD City College – she does their monthly Sky Tonight show; and Jason Hammond is the Fleet Education Manager of School Programs, and, I hear tell, an avid astronomy buff. Stop by the booth and see Lisa & Jason, and learn more about all the programs, events, and outreach that San Diego’s Science Center has to offer.